Saturday, January 24, 2009

Get better with Flickr

Capturing the water drops has always been a to-do thing for me since I caught a glimpse of it in some magazine a decade ago. Never really bothered since I had no good camera to do that.But once I got to lay my hands over the S5 IS(thanks to my friends!!!) I though I should do it ASAP. There were a million snaps of them by then over the internet, but I was still wondering how this could be done. All I knew was I had to click a million and one to get it the way I wanted.That is when I came across this small yet wonderful thing called the EXIF details !!

Flickr says - Almost all new digital cameras save JPEG (jpg) files with EXIF (Exchangeable Image File) data. Camera settings and scene information are recorded by the camera into the image file. Examples of stored information are shutter speed, date and time, focal length, exposure compensation, metering pattern and if a flash was used.

All you need to do is fish for a good photo that makes you think, how the hell did u get this one in Flickr. If luck favours you the Additional Information section of that photo might have the "More Properties" enabled. If that is the case you can get to see details like shutter speed, aperture settings, exposure settings etc. Not a big deal for the pros. but for people who are just getting started like myself, this is a good start :) At least it reduces the need just a million :P.

Check out the ones I took.

No comments: